Guidelines for Application Materials M.A. in American Studies, Kennesaw State University
Fall 2012: June 1, 2012 - NEW DEADLINE!
Spring 2012: Nov. 1, 2012 *
* Online Graduate Application – There is a nonrefundable $60 fee.
* Transcripts – Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution.
* GRE Score Report – Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU-Code 5359. (TOFEL scores for international applicants).
* GPA – The program minimum is 2.75 for all undergraduate courses from the degree-granting institution, but we expect the incoming class will average above 3.0.
* Letter of Application – Should be in the form of a narrative which describes your education and/or professional background, your future goals, and how admission into the American Studies M.A. Program at Kennesaw State University will help you accomplish these goals. The letter should be specific to the program and should be 3-5 double-spaced pages.
* Writing Sample – This can be a paper you submitted for a previous class, however, it should be consistent with the program content and student goals. The writing sample should demonstrate the writing skills you have developed as a student and/or professional. The sample should be relevant to the field of American Studies broadly defined, and it should be refined and revised to fit within 5-7 double-spaced pages.
* Resume (Optional) – No C.V. or resume is required. However, you may submit a current copy of your student and/or professional curriculum vitae or resume.
* Letters of Recommendation (Optional) – Submit up to two letters of recommendation concerning your academic and/or professional preparation for the M.A. program.
* International Students (Visa and Green Card holders) –
Please go to: http://www.kennesaw.edu/graduate/admissions/intlreqtsnew.html for additional requirements.
Graduate Application Procedures and Checklist: http://www.kennesaw.edu/graduate/admissions/onlineapplication.shtml
MAST Program at Kennesaw State University
1000 Chastain Road, #2208 Kennesaw, GA 30144 http://amst.hss.kennesaw.edu Phone: 678-797-2504
Posted: May 2, 2012